Friday, June 19, 2009

Sustainable Happiness

I never expect my whole life would be running totally fine, excellent always. I know that life is just a life, with all melodramatic episodes inside. It’s not a book filled of dreamy pages. Although I can always dream or wishes upon my own living, but some dreams just stay as dream, stick on my database and kept long lasting as a remembrance on my mind.

I know and truly aware that life is not always full of laughs and smiles.
Life covers a series of ups and downs. There’re many evolutions and rotations in cycle of life.
Well, those two last statements are maybe the most current definitions what at least I can say to you about my own life. Born and now living as a girl, female, and woman, is never been so that easy for me. Particularly for myself, who is so damn lucky becoming the one and the only baby girl in my family. In addition, I live in Indonesia and have Javanese blood, where traditions and traditional customs are still hold value in some parts of life.

There’s a time when someone, a friend of mine, asked me some questions. He said: “Karin, what would you say about life?” Well, “How you define the meaning of life?” he added.
Some seconds passed by, I was thinking then. Few minutes later, I was still thinking. Well, I didn’t want to look like a fool in front of him, since I know that he’s a smart guy (and cute too, ops!). Besides, I didn’t want to sound like a plastic girl by giving a sound-smart-though-bullshit answer to him.
Then, after a moment, I replied to him: “Life for me is a united process; a cycle of many constant and continued various processes that building me up into a much better and useful person for the sake of my own and for others. It’s not only the matter of being exist in this physical existence world, but also the matter of achieving a real existence to get sustainable happiness inside out of our true self.” Hearing my answers, he nodded and then smiled. I smiled too.

How can I define “Happy”? What does happy means? Is it a noun? Is it a verb? Is it an adjective? Or is it just a sound-nice-word?
What is the right definition of “Happiness”? Is it the situation when we feel happy? Is it a state of being happy? Or is it something that can make you, and I keep smiling and laughing, as live joyfully ever after?
There’re some moments of mine, in the past and in the present days, where I wish I could erase and remove them out of my life. Whish they were never happened. Why? What can I say, there’re some moments of mine that brought sadness and negativism in me. They made me cried, they made my disappointed, they made me turned out into yellow and blue, they just made me unhappy. Sometimes, I’m so tired and then denial them and tried to abandon them. But that was long ago before I realized the true meaning of life. Very long time ago before I met my friend that asked me about the meaning of life. Now, I do not want to erase anything that ever happened to me, in my life.
As I said before, life is a process. Moreover, it is a united process that covers many cycles of constant and continued various processes that occur for more many good reasons.

It’s not about the pursuit of happiness. Moreover, it’s about to achieve the sustainable happiness that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment